Greensburg, Pa. -- The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford women's basketball team got off to a sluggish start after their 2-week winter break. They shot 30.8% from the field and committed 24 turnovers as they equaled their season-low point total of 40.
- The Bobcats jumped out to an early lead, scoring the first two baskets of the game, but the Panthers responded early as Jasmin Miller hit a three-pointer off of a pass from Jenna Hicks.
- With 6:20 to go in the first quarter, Miller hit another jump shot to tie the game at 9, however, the Bobcats stepped up their defense for the remainder of the quarter. The Panthers were only able to muster 2 points, a Shirleah Ragin layup over the final 6 minutes.
- Both defenses remained stout as the game moved into its second period of action, as neither team was able to score over the opening two minutes.
- Shaelyn Snipes hit a three with 7:03 to go in the half but were again held scoreless for the next 5 minutes of play as Pitt-Greensburg opened up a double-digit lead.
- Pitt-Bradford was able to get back into the game as the half closed, using a 7-0 to set their halftime deficit at 4. La'Shyra Williams started the rally with a layup, and Daizjah Brown added to it, making a layup off of a steal and following it with 2 free throws. Taylor Sutryk finished the scoring in the half with a free throw with two seconds to go.
- After the break, Miller cut the lead to 2 with a put-back layup.
- The 2 point deficit was as close as the Panthers would get to the Bobcats, as they slowly pushed their lead to double digits throughout the third quarter.
- The Panther offense struggled again in the final period, as they scored 6 points to finish the game, including a buzzer-beating hump shot from Brown.
- Jasmin Miller was the Panthers leading scorer, finishing with 11 points on 5 of 12 from the field. She also led the team in rebounds with 8.
- Shirleah Ragin and Shaelyn Snipes chipped in 7 points apiece in the loss.
With the loss, the Panthers record moves to 2-9 overall with a 2-4 record against AMCC opponents. They will return to action on Wednesday, January 8th, as they face Penn State-Behrend on the road.