Bradford, Pa. -- The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford Women's Basketball team lost their first conference game of the season Tuesday night, falling to Hilbert 72-49.
- Pitt-Bradford got off to a slow start against the Hawks offensively, scoring only 2 points through the first 9 minutes of action, a Shaelyn Snipes lay-up.
- They were able to score 2 baskets late in the quarter, a La'Shyra Williams jumper and two Shirleah Ragin free throws.
- Ragin scored the first bucket of the second quarter, but the Panthers were unable to stay with the Hawks who increased their lead to go up 21 at the half.
- The Panthers offense was much stronger in the second half, as they more than doubled their offensive output.
- Snipes scored 7 in the quarter as the Panthers shot a game high 44.4% from the field in the period.
- Despite trailing by 24 points going into the 4th, Pitt-Bradford kept pushing the Hawks, outscoring their opponents 15-14 in the final quarter of action.
- Snipes led the Panthers with 9 points on the night, while also dishing out a team high 6 assists.
- Jenna Hicks scored 8 points and led the Panthers with 12 rebounds, including 5 on the offensive end.
- Shirleah Ragin also scored 8 points, and finished with 3 steals.
The Panthers (0-5, 0-1) will look to turn thing around after the holiday break. They will look to pick up their first win of the season on Wednesday December 4th, when they host Alfred State. The game is scheduled to begin at 8:00 pm.