The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford women's basketball team lost their home opening game to John Carroll University by a score of 97-40.
- John Carroll got out to a big lead early. After Pitt-Bradford hit a pre-game technical free throw, the Blue streak scored the first 14 points after the action started. The drought lasted 6 minutes and 23 seconds and ended on a Cassidy King lay-up, assisted by Jasmin Miller.
- Shaelyn Snipes was able to hit two lay-ups inside in the final minute of the first quarter to put the Panthers down 16.
- 16 points was as close as Pitt-Bradford would come to John Carroll, as the Blue Streak won each quarter, outscoring the Panthers by at least 9 points in each period.
- Jasmin Miller was the lone Panther to finish in double figures, scoring 11 points on 4-10 shooting. She also added 5 of the Panther's 10 assists on the day.
- La'Shyra Williams grabbed 10 boards in her home debut, including 4 on the offensive end.
The Panthers (0-4) will look to rebound with the start of AMCC play next week. They will host Hilbert on Tuesday to kick off their conference schedule. The game is scheduled to tip off at 8:00 p.m. or approximately 20 minutes after the finish of the men's game.