Bradford, Pa. -- The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford Men's Basketball team lost to Franciscan University 98-68 on Saturday Afternoon in the KOA Arena. The visiting Barons shot 48.6% from the field and 50% from beyond the arc on the way to the 30 point victory.
- The Panthers jumped ahead of the Barons right away, as Alex Rodriguez opened the scoring with a lay-up inside after a minute. The Barons responded with a three pointer from the wing, and did not look back as they never allowed the Panthers to regain the lead.
- After falling behind 7-2, the panthers did string together a 5 point run to tie the game at 7. Nick Carmichael made a layup inside to start the rally and Justin Kusiappouh completed a three point play to tie things up.
- The Panthers then went on a 5 minute scoring drought, which resulted in Franciscan opening up a 15 point lead, with 10 minutes to go.
- Pitt-Bradford was able to get the lead into single digits with 5:38 to go after Gavin Boggs stole the ball and raced down court for a fast break lay-up.
- Franciscan finished the half on a 14-4 run to open up a 19 point lead at the break. They continued the run after the break, pushing the lead to 30 within 3 minutes. They would maintain the 30 point margin for the majority of the rest of the game.
- Nick Carmichael finished with a career high 24 points. He shot 10-18 from the field and 4-5 from the free throw line.
- Justin Kusiappouh recorded his 5th double-double of the season. He finished the game with 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds.
- Gavin Boggs also finished in double figures, scoring 11 points.
The Panthers are now 1-6 on the season with an 0-4 record in AMCC Play. They will have a short turn around before their next chance to get a win. They will host Medaille on Monday, December 16th, at 6:00 p.m.